Grants Officer | Lockyer Valley Regional Council |Gatton, QLD
- Seek and project-manage grant funding for community projects
- Optimise funding opportunities through stakeholder engagement
- Contract management to ensure quality assurance
The Lockyer Valley Regional Council is seeking a proactive professional to investigate funding opportunities, write grant applications and project manage grant-funded community projects that make Lockyer Valley a great place to live.
As a valued member of the Finance team, the Grants Officer will research grant funding opportunities, keep track of project spend and report on project outcomes. A key focus will be building and nurturing positive relationships with government agencies, project leaders, clients, suppliers and professional networks.
Responsibilities and Opportunities
- Research and identify new funding programs that support Council projects for community facilities and services
- Write, submit and followup grant applications
- Develop and grow the grant function to ensure quality assurance
- Manage the budget and monitor contract performance, acquittals and variances.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in administration, project management and/or technical writing highly regarded
- Experience managing and writing successful grant applications
- Good research skills to identify grant funding opportunities
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including excel to manage finances.
Lockyer Valley is Southeast Queensland's hidden gem, nestled at the foot of the Great Dividing Range and just over an hour's drive from Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Lockyer Valley offers an ideal work/life balance with art galleries, cafes, wineries, markets and walking trails to explore. No matter what time of year, there's a social event to suit every family member - from motorsport events and country race days to retro, heritage and chilli festivals.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 8 November 2021.