Grants Officer | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
- Seek and project manage grant funding for community projects
- Optimise funding opportunities through stakeholder engagement
- Positively contribute to the community and make a difference
Take the next step in your career
Balonne Shire Council is seeking a proactive professional to investigate funding opportunities, write grant applications, and project manage grant funded community projects that make Balonne Shire a great place to live.
As a valued member of the Corporate Services and Finance team, the Grants Officer will research grant funding opportunities, keep track of project spending and report on project outcomes. A key focus will be building positive relationships with government agencies, project leaders, clients, suppliers, and professional networks.
Opportunities and Challenges
- Research and identify new funding programs that support Council projects for community facilities and services.
- Write, submit, and follow up grant
- Coordinating the grants portfolio working with diverse stakeholders.
- Manage the budget and monitor project performance, acquittals, and variances.
Qualifications, skills and attributes:
- High level of experience in administration, project management and/or technical writing.
- Experience managing and writing successful grant applications.
- Good research skills to identify grant funding opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills to consult with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and operating applicable software.
Proud of it's arts and culture, Balonne Shire Council promotes sustainable communities and healthy lifestyles. It's time to swap the long commutes and traffic jams for a tree change in a vibrant and friendly community.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 21 March 2022.