Graduate Civil Engineer
Lockyer Valley Regional Council | Gatton, Qld
- Work / life balance - 9-day fortnight - $85K + Super
- Great opportunity to develop your career
- Gatton - close to Brisbane, Ipswich, Toowoomba
This a great time to join Lockyer Valley Regional Council as they embark on an expansive program of infrastructure works over the coming years. Council is seeking a self-driven Graduate Civil Engineer who is committed to professional development, has excellent communication skills and the ability to compile compliant technical reports while working within a technically capable team.
The purpose of this position is to contribute to the management of design activities for Municipal Works (primarily road and stormwater design) for the construction of Council's capital and operational works programs.
- Manage detailed design activities of municipal works for construction of Council's capital and operational works programs.
- Undertaken and coordinate the preparation of preliminary proposals and estimates, designs for detailed cost estimates.
- Provide technical advice and guidance on matters relating to civil engineering works to the broader Infrastructure Group.
- Undertake and coordinate field investigations, inspections and engineering surveys.
- Support the Technical Services branch in the resolution of engineering related ratepayer requests.
- Complying with legislation, standards, policies and procedures and the operational aspects of capital works project delivery.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree - Civil Engineering.
- Practical experience in a similar role - highly desirable.
- Ability to prepare and present concise and compliant technical reports.
- Sound knowledge of Australian engineering standards and asset lifecycle management.
- Confident and professional communicator in both written and verbal formats.
Working and living in the Region
Council offers excellent working conditions, including a 9-day fortnight and a range of generous employee benefits and supports and encourages its employees with training and professional development opportunities.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close: 5pm Monday 25 July 2022