Governance Officer - Melbourne
- Provide expert advice related to the Freedom of Information Act
- Participate in multiple governance related projects and review of key registers
- 3 month contract with possible extension
Leading Roles is seeking a temporary Governance Officer to support our local government client located in the north-eastern suburbs of Melbourne. This is a three-month contract opportunity with possible extension.
Work closely with the Governance Coordinator and undertake research in the preparation of Governance related projects. The Governance Officer will also provide administrative support to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Management of key registers and frameworks such as annual policy and procedural reviews, the Delegation of Authority Register and Local Laws
- Process and coordinate Freedom of Information requests
- Provide direction and advice in relation to freedom of information
- Support the governance team with agenda preparation and production
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience working within a corporate governance or risk function, ideally within government or a highly regulated environment
- Experience in assessment and decision-making processes related to Right to Information
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret policies, legislative and governance matters
- Knowledge of the Local Government and Freedom of Information Acts.
- Well-developed analytical skills, with the ability to identify solutions to complex issues.
Outstanding communication, interpersonal and customer service skills are essential and previous experience working in a local government will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
Apply now as the application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.