Governance and Projects Coordinator - Far North Queensland
- Governance and Project Management
- Professional and supportive team
- Contract role, accommodation provided
Leading Roles is seeking a temporary Governance and Project Coordinator in Far North Queensland. As the Governance and Project Coordinator you will assist and support the Governance and Corporate Planning team to ensure core business objectives are achieved. Work closely with the CEO and Executive Leadership Team in the development and implementation of governance policies, procedures and ongoing review.
- Contributing to project planning and delivery including conducting research, drafting documentation and coordinating activities
- Coordinating the preparations of agenda papers for committee meetings
- Ensuring the Project Management Office is operating in accordance with its project governance framework
- Developing a project plan that will communicate with executive level stakeholders on actions to be undertaken for development of a strategic plan
- Management of the Council website to include statutory documents, policies and vacancies
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualifications in Local Government/Policy Management or relevant experience is highly desirable
- Manage competing deadlines and balance priorities under pressure with efficiency and professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to prepare minutes with accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret policy, legislative and governance issues
- Extensive word processing and computer application skills
You may be required to drive a motor vehicle during your contract and must possess a current Class C Drivers Licence with a manual driving capacity. Previous experience living and working in remote indigenous communities and/or working in local government will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
Click Apply Now as the application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.