GIS Officer – Tamworth & North West NSW
- Coordinate Council’s Geographic Information System
- Support development of asset management
- Initial 6-month contract, with view to extend
Leading Roles is seeking a GIS Officer to assist our local government client in North West NSW, approximately two hours from Tamworth. This is a 6-month contract, with the possibility of extension.
The GIS Officer will be responsible for providing reliable Geospatial Information to internal and external stakeholders. The incumbent will also be required to support the development of asset management and information systems relevant to the GIS functionality.
- Data management to ensure reliability for use within the organisation
- Produce spatial products including maps, map layers, visualisations, and other representations
- Ensure best practice by staying up to date with trends and issues within the spatial sector
- Train and support other members within the GIS functionality
- Ad hoc duties related to GIS functions as required
Essential skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to the role
- Experience using Geospatial Information Systems and programs, Intramaps favourable
- Local government experience within New South Wales desirable
- Current NSW C Class Driver Licence
Outstanding communication, interpersonal, relationship building and customer service skills are essential and previous experience working in a local government will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
Apply now as the application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.