Tablelands Regional Council is seeking a General Manager Organisational Services to provide strategic direction and leadership of the council's organisational and corporate services.
This is a change leadership role, and applicants who have strong skills and experience in change management, people leadership and project management will be well regarded.
As a key member of the Leadership team and reporting to the CEO, this role provides strategic direction, expert advice, collaborative leadership and management of functional areas including:
- Knowledge and Systems
- People and Culture
- Asset Management
- Disaster Management and Business Continuity
- Support services
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Senior leadership experience in a complex organisation delivering efficient, high-quality services
- Demonstrated ability to lead high performing, multidisciplinary teams.
- Proven experience delivering strong financial management, robust governance and long-term sustainable operations and programs
- Superior communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to drive innovation and organisational change
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
The Tablelands Regional Council serves a community of 25,000 and is located in Atherton, in Far North Queensland. Situated about 100 kilometres west of Cairns International Airport, the Tablelands region has good road networks with endless opportunities to explore, year-round great climate, rich history, infrastructure, an assortment of accommodation options and friendly hospitality - making it a great place to live and raise a family.
The Council is offering a competitive remuneration package as well as professional development opportunities. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker at Leading Roles on 0411 449 447.
The application period will close at 5pm, Monday 24 September 2018.