An exciting senior opportunity exists to join the Lockyer Valley Regional Council as a Financial Services Coordinator. This is a key managerial level role, which will see the successful applicant effectively mentor and lead a diverse team comprising of Finance, Accounts Payable and Payroll. This position will also step up and be Acting Manager, in the Managers absence.
The successful candidate will ideally have a background in local government, due to the diverse structure and needs of Council. However, experience within a senior level position with a non-commercial focus would be advantageous. You will have experience across finance, accounts payable and payroll. It is critical that you have excellent written and verbal communications skills. This role will require a 'people person' who can engage with a range of stake holders across Council's departments.
This is a full-time fixed-term position for three years.
- Managing and developing a highly skilled team;
- Development and preparation of annual budgets and budget reviews, including the 10-year capital works program;
- Assist in long term financial plans to support Council's financial sustainability;
- Continuous improvement of Council's systems, processes and financial reporting;
- Assist the Manager Finance & Customer Services with the preparation of Annual Financial Statements; and
- Management of reporting on Council grants and subsidies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in accounting or a related discipline;
- Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) certification; and
- Three-years minimum demonstrated experience in a similar, senior role ideally in a local government setting.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council is seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for working collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
Council is offering an excellent remuneration package and a focus on professional development opportunities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
The closing date for applications is Monday 10 December 2018 at 5pm.