Financial Accountant | Lockyer Valley Regional Council | Gatton
Join a supportive and well-established finance team in a wonderful location that offers country living and city convenience.
Lockyer Valley Regional Council is seeking a highly motivated Financial Accountant to provide efficient financial accounting services that will assist Council to meet statutory reporting obligations.
Working closely with the Senior Financial Accountant, the Financial Accountant will assist in the development of financial plans and asset management plans to support Council's financial sustainability. The Financial Accountant will also provide specialist advice on taxation and accounting processes, policies and procedures.
This is a permanent position with future opportunities for career progression. Council offers excellent working conditions, 9-day fortnight and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements, training and professional development.
Benefits of the Role
- Operate as a technical specialist and provide advice to management and the organisation regarding audit, compliance and taxation.
- Join a highly focussed finance team and professional and supportive work group.
- Provide assistance and training to Council officers on accounting matters and the use of Council's financial systems.
- Progress your career within Local Government
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Experience in completing financial reporting requirements (monthly and annual)
- Sound understanding of budget and financial statement preparation
- Previous experience of GST and FBT accounting
- Previous experience maintaining computerised financial systems including general ledger, budget ledger and asset register
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office applications with high level competency in Excel
- Experience with Technology One would be advantageous
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce, business or other related field and/or significant practical experience
- Previous Local Government experience is desirable
- Current C Class open drivers' licence
Working and living in the Region
Nestled at the foot of the Great Dividing Range, the Lockyer Valley is home to not only farming and agriculture but also town and country living with top class restaurants, art galleries, stunning national parks and bushwalking trails. Renowned for tranquil rural settings, the Lockyer Valley is the ideal destination for people looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close: 5pm Monday 2 November 2020.