Central Highlands Regional Council | Manager Finance | Emerald
Lead strategic financial planning, engage the organisation and deliver high-quality financial support services for Central Highlands Regional Council.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an accomplished finance management professional to lead a high-performing team and achieve council's strategic goals, operational performance and statutory obligations.
The role is diverse and has significant strategic and operational leadership responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement council's financial sustainability strategy in line with council's Strategic Planning Framework, maximising the impact of council's budget and minimising financial risk.
- Analyse and review the financial performance of council's business units to understand performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Develop best practice financial systems and supporting processes to ensure council's technology and accounting software enables efficient modelling and effective performance reporting.
- Lead, motivate, develop and support the finance team to achieve organisational goals.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures ensuring the adherence to financial regulations and legislation.
In addition to experience in a similar role, a strong technical skillset and relevant tertiary qualifications, experience in team leadership and the development of a high-performance culture is critical to the success of this role.
Central Highlands is a region of growth and a diverse centre of investment, business, career and lifestyle opportunities. Located west of the Capricorn Coast in Central Queensland, Central Highlands has a laid-back lifestyle and casual charm.
A highly attractive remuneration package is on offer including salary packaging options, learning and development programs and health and wellbeing services.
Central Highlands Regional Council encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for full details of this role. Follow the instructions on how to apply.
For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
Applications close: 5.00pm Thursday 9 July 2020.