Mount Isa City Council | Executive Manager | Mount Isa
Influence operational strategy and lead business performance in North West Queensland.
Leading Roles is seeking an experienced and innovative Executive Manager to join a dynamic leadership team at Mount Isa City Council.
Reporting directly to an outcomes-focused CEO, the Executive Manager will lead strategic change initiatives to build staff capability and a strong supportive culture within Mount Isa City Council.
- Provide leadership and coordination of the Governance, HR, Community and Risk Management functions
- Support the development and leadership of corporate policy and risk management framework
- Oversee key engagement activities including community engagement, promotions and events
- Act as the primary link between the CEO and other functional areas of the organisation
- Provision of expert advice and development of continuous improvement of systems and processes.
Qualifications, Personal Attributes and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, including high-level knowledge of the Queensland Local Government Act
- Tertiary qualifications in an associated discipline
- Astute communication skills including the ability to negotiate and liaise with a broad network of stakeholders.
This is an ideal opportunity to join a progressive council and contribute to cultural transformation, business performance improvements and customer service excellence.
Living in Mount Isa
Mount Isa is a vibrant city with a fascinating history in North West Queensland. This remote city offers adventure and opportunities for those seeking career, education, and lifestyle. Just a short drive from the city is beautiful Lake Moondarra where locals spend their weekends fishing, boating, swimming, water skiing and canoeing. Mount Isa is family friendly and multicultural, which entices people from all corners of the globe to make this wonderful outback city their home. From the annual Rotary Rodeo, Barramundi Fishing Classic to the Isa Street Festival, there's so much to discover.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 10 August 2020.