Executive Manager Regulatory Services
Fraser Coast Regional Council l Hervey Bay, Qld
- Provide insight and advice on regulatory services
- Inspire direction and purpose, leading and developing an operational team.
- Live and work on Queensland's Fraser Coast
Fraser Coast Regional Council is seeking an experienced Executive Manager to provide strategic advice and contribute to planning for regulatory services, programs and activities that promote compliance.
As the Executive Manager Regulatory Services, you will ensure the regulatory services functions for public health, biosecurity, plumbing certification, development compliance, animal management and community rangers are underpinned by customer service excellence, performance and compliance and value to the local community.
- Contribute to the development of regulatory services programs, policies and service standards.
- Promote an organisational culture that actively seeks opportunities for positive customer outcomes.
- Lead a team of 71 staff and deliver training programs to build knowledge about legislation and regulatory requirements
- Build relationships and drive engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Establish operational guidelines, systems and quality assurance processes.
- Generous remuneration package with vehicle for full private use.
Qualifications and attributes
- Demonstrated ability to lead a large multidisciplinary operational work group.
- Tertiary qualifications (AQF level 7 or above) in a relevant discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar role within local government or related entity.
- Organisational leadership, people management skills and cultural awareness
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage competing demands.
As Fraser Coast Regional Council is an equal employment opportunity employer, women, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, and members of racial, ethnic and ethno-religious minority groups are encouraged to apply.
From UNESCO-listed Fraser Island and the seaside retreats of the Great Sandy Strait to the heritage streetscapes of Maryborough and rich farmlands of Tiaro, the Fraser Coast is one of Queensland's oldest, yet fastest growing regions with a diverse and vibrant lifestyle.
How to Apply
Please download the executive information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 9 August 2021.