Demonstrate strategic leadership and in this newly created role leading the Project Management office for a progressive North Queensland council.
- Strategic leadership role reporting to the CEO
- Lead the PMO function for the whole of council
- Build project management capability across the organisation
Tablelands Regional Council is seeking an experienced and strategic Executive Manager to lead the Project Management Office. Reporting to the CEO and as a member of the leadership team, the Executive Manager provides high-level advice and leadership, developing the organisation's systems, culture and competency in project management.
The Executive Manager will drive continuous improvements, strengthen project planning and delivery and achieve cost and time efficiencies for capital and operational projects.
- Provide high level support, expert advice and reporting to the Leadership Team in all aspects of project management.
- Establish and integrate the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Align the organisation's projects with the Council's Corporate Plan, Budget, and Operational Plan.
- Develop, deliver and coordinate training in the project management framework, processes and tools.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- High level experience in all aspects of project controls and successfully delivering projects or programs.
- Proven ability to work independently with a high level of strategic thinking, business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Experience leading and developing team capability.
- Extensive experience in contemporary project management discipline and tools.
- Tertiary qualifications, or equivalent experience, in Project Management, Engineering or a related field.
Council is offering a generous remuneration package, including five weeks annual leave, up to 12% superannuation, salary sacrifice options and professional development.
The Tablelands is renowned for its stunning landscapes and diversity, from world heritage rainforests and outback savannahs to rare tree-kangaroos, shy platypus and dancing brolgas. With its mountains, wide open spaces, and a refreshing tropical climate the Tablelands is ideal all year round for bushwalking, cycling, water-skiing, sailing, fishing and horse riding.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack to find out more about the Tablelands region, the council and the vacancy. Belinda Walker can be contacted on 0411 449 447 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close 5pm Monday 6 December 2021.