Forward thinking and ambitious HR leader required to lead all facets of the HR and Safety services policies for a large council in Queensland's Whitsunday Region. You will shape the organisational culture, bringing a focus on the values of high performance and customer service.
This is a senior and influential role in this organisation, reporting to the Council's Chief Executive and working very closely with Council's Executive Leadership Team. The role has a mix of high-level strategic contribution and management responsibilities, and resilience is required to work across the diversity of challenges that this presents.
Council employs approximately 350 staff and has an annual budget of $102M. As the Executive Manager Human Resources & Safety, you will direct a team of professional HR staff, fulfilling the functions of Employee Relations, Reward and Recognition, Recruitment and Succession Planning.
Opportunities & Challenges of the Role
- Strategic Planning - development of the organisation's HR Strategic Plan which will underpin a review of the Council's policy and procedure documentation.
- Resourcing - HRM with a strong technical background to lead the high quality and committed HR team.
- Culture and Organisational Development - The HRM is a key sponsor, advocate and influencer of the culture development programme, and will work closely with the Council's ELT and Combined Management Team to implement the programme to its fullest extent.
- Workplace Health and Safety - Development of the function within the HR team's structure and better integration of the WH&S functions in the organisation is an important requirement of this position.
- Relationship Development: transitioning the HR team to a business partnership model, providing high quality advice and customer service to the organisation. Experience in leading this service transition will be valuable.
Personal Attributes, Skills & Experience
Strong HR expertise and outstanding interpersonal skills are critical for this role. You will advise Council's CEO and executive leadership team, and work across the organisation's functional areas on both operational and strategic human resources challenges.
- Bachelor' Degree in Human Resources or related business field
- 3+ years' experience in a human resources supervisory position
- Comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal employment laws
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
The Council & Your Team
The Whitsunday Regional Council is located in one of Queensland's key tourism, agriculture and trade regions, with important assets including Airlie Beach and the Whitsunday Islands, a thriving horticultural sector, and significant trade-supporting transport infrastructure.
If you are passionate HR professional, energetic, driven and keen to progress your career, please apply. Click on the link below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role or for a confidential discussion please contact Leading Roles' Mark Ogston on 0407 674 412.
The application period for this role ends on Monday 11th June 2018 at 5pm.