Fraser Coast Regional Council is seeking an Executive Manager Corporate Projects & Asset Management.
This role requires a strong leader with extensive experience and knowledge in driving an organisation-wide approach to asset management and project management.
Council seeks a professional with highly developed skills within a similar environment and the drive to apply your talent for leading and managing the effective development of the corporate frameworks and cultural change to support advanced asset management and project management capability at Fraser Coast Regional Council.
Position Context, Challenges and Objectives
In the short term your focus will be on inspiring the team and engaging stakeholders to align efforts and implementing strategies for professional development. You will also be building capability within the organisation, in delivering sound asset management and project management practices with a view to the long term.
Your longer-term goals in this role include creating a cultural shift in the team, developing a dynamic and highly competent group that is viewed both internally and externally as extremely capable. Your goal will be to increase adherence to procedures within the team, prioritising care and attention to detail and taking a structured approach to project and asset management.
Council services performed in this role
- Apply your strong leadership skills, developed through experience in a similar discipline to lead positive change within Council's Project and Asset Management portfolio.
- Develop, implement and maintain frameworks for Corporate Project Management and Asset Management across the organisation
- Influencing Council to adopt and embed sound principles and practices.
- Manage the effective and timely delivery of nominated major Corporate Projects.
- Manage risk within the portfolio.
Key duties will include;
- Be the driver of a positive work culture that encourages excellence and quality outcomes
- Provide strategic oversight to ensure the team provides high level tactical and authoritative advice on asset and project management.
- Promote the utilisation and coordination of the ongoing development and enhancement of the Asset Management System across departments.
- To develop, implement, maintain and review Council's Asset Management Policy and Asset Management Strategy.
- Provide direction in the ongoing development of asset management systems and processes
- To develop, implement, maintain and review long term Asset Management Plans for major council asset types in collaboration with Asset Managers.
- Lead the strategic and collaborative development of a Corporate Project Management framework, and Corporate Asset Management framework
- Influence stakeholders to embed a culture that supports effective application of Asset Management and Project Management principles.
- Drive innovation, change, business process review and continuous improvement strategies in relation to Fraser Coast Regional Council's Major Projects.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience and knowledge of asset management and project management including the development and implementation of frameworks, strategies, policies and plans.
- Extensive experience in embedding sound asset management and project management principles and practices across organisations and in the implementation of systems and processes that support strategic objectives and establish cultural change
- Well-developed project management abilities within the public or private sector.
- Highly developed literacy and communication skills to enable the preparation and presentation of complex reports in a simple format.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to consult, negotiate and liaise effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Demonstrated strong people management experience.
Education and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline.
- Post graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- Record of achievement at a senior level in asset and project management.
- Class C Driver's Licence.
The Fraser Coast sits at the crossroads of the Wide Bay Burnett, one of Australia's fastest-growing regions. This ideal location and affordable relaxed lifestyle, coupled with a diverse industrial base, creates exciting opportunities.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
Fraser Coast Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, and members of racial, ethnic and ethno-religious minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Council provides a safe, secure and supportive environment where employees are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
"Our culture and values represent the way in which we act and work together.
We are committed to a leadership approach that gives effect to our values.
We uphold our values in all dealings with clients, stakeholders and each other."
Click on the link below to download the Information Pack or for a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600 or Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 9th July 2018.