Snowy Valleys Council seeks an Executive Director Infrastructure to provide specialist expertise, technical excellence and innovative leadership to the organisation's infrastructure strategy and operations.
Reporting to the CEO and as a member of the senior executive team, this role will require broad experience of the leadership and management of municipal infrastructure assets and services.
There is a particular need and focus on sustainable management of assets, effective management of council's revenue generating and commercial services, and transitioning the workforce from reactive operations to a planned and programmed future working state.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Highly developed skills in leading the infrastructure functions of local government.
- A focus on customer experience, organisational performance and continuous improvement.
- Strong operational leadership and management skills and experience at an executive level.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading organisational change.
- Strong technical knowledge of civil engineering and asset management.
- Experience of innovative deployment of technology, tools and services.
- A highly collaborative approach to working with internal and external stakeholders.
Working and Living in the Region
Snowy Valleys Council is a modern and well-connected Council with an operating budget of $56.7 million. With a dedicated workforce of more than 230 staff and two main administrative centres at Tumut and Tumbarumba, the council's key focus is to deliver outstanding local services that support strong and vibrant communities. Snowy Valleys Council has a strong reputation for infrastructure capabilities and a dedicated Works Division that involves civil engineering, construction and maintenance services for strategic projects, both large and small.
With a population of 14,935, Snowy Valleys covers an area of 8,960 square km in a beautiful natural environment ideally located between Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra. The National Snowy 2.0 project is a $5B local investment which will provide economic benefits and a range of exciting opportunities for jobs and clean renewable energy to the region. The diverse and vibrant local economy offers work prospects for partners and family in forestry, health, education and tourism.
It's all about location and lifestyle! Snowy Valleys is renowned for its year-round festivals, cultural life, sporting events and recreational facilities for fishing, hiking and cycling or join the locals who ski in the morning and swim in the afternoon!
Make a Country Change to Snowy Valleys - love the location, embrace the lifestyle!
How to apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack, .
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 11 November 2019.