Snowy Valleys Council seeks an Executive Director Community and Corporate to provide specialist expertise and leadership across the organisation in delivery of one of Council's goals of "Community Growth and Activation".
Reporting to the CEO and as a member of the senior executive team, this role will require broad experience across local government development, community and corporate services. There is a particular need and focus on planning and development services, customer service and delivery of contemporary ICT practices for the organisation.
- A focus on customer experience, performance and continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership and management skills and experience at an executive level.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading organisational change.
- Strong technical knowledge of Planning and Development services.
- Experience of deploying contemporary technology tools and services.
- A highly collaborative approach to working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed skills in leading corporate and community functions of local government
Working and Living in the Region
Snowy Valleys Council is a modern and well-connected Council with an operating budget of $56.7 million. With a dedicated workforce of more than 230 staff and two main administrative centres at Tumut and Tumbarumba, the council's key focus is to deliver outstanding local services that support strong and vibrant communities.
With a population of 14,935, Snowy Valleys covers an area of 8,960 square km in a beautiful natural environment ideally located between Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra. The National Snowy 2.0 project is a $5B local investment which will provide economic benefits and a range of exciting opportunities for jobs and clean renewable energy to the region. The diverse and vibrant local economy offers work prospects for partners and family in forestry, health, education and tourism.
It's all about location and lifestyle! Snowy Valleys is renowned for its year-round festivals, cultural life, sporting events and recreational facilities for fishing, hiking and cycling or join the locals who ski in the morning and swim in the afternoon!
Make a Country Change to Snowy Valleys - love the location, embrace the lifestyle!
For more information about this role download the .
For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447 or email email@example.com.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 11 November 2019.