Executive Assistant | Lockyer Valley Regional Council | Gatton
Provide high-level support to the office of the Mayor of the Lockyer Valley Regional Council.
The Mayoral Office Executive takes direction from the Mayor and reports to the Chief Executive Officer of Lockyer Valley Regional Council. This is a busy role that requires high standards of organisation and planning, outstanding communication skills, sound judgement, confidentiality and accuracy.
As Mayor of Lockyer Valley, Councillor Tanya Milligan is highly engaged and focused on "relationships, partnerships and collaboration". Under her leadership, Lockyer Valley Regional Council has transformed into a high performing, values-led organisation that achieves an outsized impact for its community.
- Coordinate meetings between the Mayor and the Executive Leadership Team and ensure timely management of diary, invitations, and appointments.
- Provide research and briefing papers, ensuring the Mayor is well prepared.
- Liaise with the offices of State and Federal Government members, Council of Mayors (SEQ) and other Mayoral Offices.
- Organise large community events, ceremonies, corporate presentations and local government functions.
Skills and attributes
- Deal with complex issues in a sensitive and often political environment.
- Interact with stakeholders at all levels in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication and stakeholder engagement skills
Nestled at the foot of the Great Dividing Range, just over an hour's drive from Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Lockyer Valley offers town and country living. It's a lifestyle with everything from top class restaurants and art galleries to bird watching, roadside produce stalls, horse riding, stunning national parks and bushwalking. Renowned for tranquil rural settings, the Lockyer Valley is the ideal destination for people looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
How to Apply
Please go to our website www.leadingroles.com.au to download the Candidate Information Pack for full details of this role. Follow the instructions on how to apply.
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. For a confidential discussion about your application, please contact Mark Ogston, Principal on 0407 674 412.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 7 December 2020.