The Charters Towers Regional Council is seeking an organised and pro-active Executive Assistant to support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Combine your experience in Local Government and expertise in executive administration to support the workflow of information and correspondence on behalf of the CEO.
- Foster open communication and information workflow between the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), Council and Executive Office.
- Follow up of tasks, information and correspondence on behalf of the CEO.
- Prepare and draft correspondence, reports and memos.
- Prepare Council agendas and take minutes at Council meetings.
- Drive the innovation and modernisation of processes within the Office of the CEO.
Experience and qualifications
- Tertiary/Diploma Qualifications - Business Admin, Government or Law
- Relevant experience in government or a similar role
Council prides itself on the values of Innovation, Customer Service, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Every employee plays a part in ensuring the Charters Towers Regional Council team truly does provide 'Exceptional Service for an Exceptional Community'.
This is a permanent full time role offering rostered days off with a 19 day month. Council understands the importance of family life and the needs of employees looking for a work/family life balance and has a strong focus on improving the health and wellbeing of all staff throughout the organisation, offering the following benefits:
- Staff Development and Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health and Wellbeing
- Other Benefits:
- Corporate uniforms
- Payroll deductions for payments, donations and Council rates
- Social club benefits
Charters Towers Regional Council services a community of 12900 from the regional centre of Charters Towers, which is located 90 minutes to the West of Townsville. The Council employs approximately 250 staff, and has an annual budget of approximately $60M, including $19M capital works.
The Charters Towers Region is an important and diverse economic driver in the Queensland economy, with Mining, Tourism, Agriculture and Education the major industries. The region is poised for growth, with substantial investment planned in irrigated agriculture, urban and commercial development, and the construction and expansion of military facilities throughout the region.
Council is offering an excellent remuneration package, which reflects the significance of this position to the organisation and community, and to attract the highest calibre candidates.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Click on the link below to download the Information Pack for this roleor for a confidential discussion please contact Sam McCaul on 0407 631 610.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 11th July 2018 at 5pm.