Executive Assistant to the CEO | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
Seeking a dynamic EA with outstanding communication skills to make a difference and achieve great outcomes.
The Balonne Shire Council is seeking a resourceful Executive Assistant to support the CEO, Mayor and Council to deliver positive outcomes for the community. In a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, the Executive Assistant coordinates a busy schedule of council functions, leadership meetings and executive appointments.
Balonne Shire Council is a future-focused organisation that values diversity and teamwork. Council’s vision is connected, innovative communities where economies are strong and opportunities are abundant. Proud of its arts and culture, Balonne Shire Council promotes sustainable communities and healthy lifestyles. A region of surprising diversity, the Balonne Shire is known for its friendly locals, relaxed country lifestyle, vast waterways and wonderful native wildlife.
- Draft, prepare and coordinate high level communications including speeches, invitations, memos and presentations.
- Manage and prioritise meeting schedules and appointments for the CEO and Mayor.
- Liaise with council staff and key stakeholders from all levels of government, private sector and the community.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Cert IV Administration or another related field
- Minimum three (3) years’ relevant professional experience, in similar positions
- Confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Excellent time management skills
- High standard of professionalism, verbal and advanced written communication skills
- Organised and reactive to the needs of the Mayor and CEO
- Current C Class open driver’s licence
This is an amazing opportunity with plenty of scope to contribute to the community you live in. If you’re ready for a rewarding career move – apply now!
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for full details of this role. Follow the instructions on how to apply.
Applications close 5pm Monday 8 March 2021.