Executive Assistant to Mayor and General Manager
Narrabri Shire Council | Narrabri, NSW
- Executive Support role to Mayor and General Manager
- Coordinate and deliver quality outcomes
- Work with an engaged and motivated Executive Team
Narrabri Shire Council is seeking a resourceful and innovative Executive Assistant with outstanding interpersonal skills. In this fast-paced professional environment, no two days are the same. The Executive Assistant coordinates and supports the General Manager and Mayor to achieve successful outcomes for Council.
- Provide high-level, day-to-day professional and confidential secretarial, administrative and organisational support to the General Manager, Mayor and Councillors as required and ensure they are kept up to date on all matters.
- Manage diary appointments, records, financial reconciliations, correspondence and schedule and support internal and external meetings, including the coordination of travel arrangements, to facilitate the effective management of the Office of the General Manager and Directorates.
- Analyse and assess requests in order to prioritise matters, and initiate action exercising discretion whilst maintaining confidentiality to facilitate the optimal use of the General Manager's and Mayor's time.
- Support internal and external committees at the direction of the General Manager, including agenda planning, minute-taking, coordination of action items and liaising with attendees.
Experience, Qualifications and Attributes
- Certificate IV in Business or Frontline Management or equivalent demonstrated experience in an executive support role in a highly pressurised environment requiring professionalism, diplomacy, tact and the use of sound judgement.
- High-level oral communication and customer service skills with the ability to effectively handle enquiries and resolve or refer complaints.
- Proven ability to build effective relationships and influence others to achieve results.
Narrabri Shire Council is an organisation that values its people, its community and provides high quality services to the local region. Council is offering a competitive remuneration package with excellent additional benefits. The Shire is experience enormous economic growth in the region and it is an opportunity to be part of the exciting future developments.
How to apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 28 March 2022.