Environmental Health Officer | Hinchinbrook Shire Council | Ingham
- Promote environmental health standards in tropical Queensland
- Focused and supportive team environment
- Choose a beach or bush lifestyle in the Hinchinbrook region
Promote a high standard of public health so that local communities can enjoy a safe and healthy environment.
The Environmental Health Officer plays a key role within the Hinchinbrook Shire Council and local community, promoting and monitoring environmental and public health standards. As the Environmental Health Officer, you will coordinate business licencing, inspections and investigation of public health and environmental complaints and incidents to ensure compliance with legislation.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Working with local businesses and the community to promote public health standards
- Knowledge of statutory requirements for public health, environmental protection and local government operations
- Experience providing professional and technical advice in relation to the administration of local laws
- Experience in animal management, local law enforcement and environmental health within local government
- Qualification in a relevant field.
Just over an hour's drive north of Townsville, Hinchinbrook is the gateway to ancient rainforests, rugged tropical islands and the Great Barrier Reef. For every adventurer, family, foodie, culture vulture, angler, nature lover and history buff, Hinchinbrook is an experience where generations of culture are all weaved into one incredible story; the Hinchinbrook Way.
Download the Candidate Information Package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 28 June 2021.