Bellingen Shire Council in New South Wales' beautiful northern coastal hinterland are seeking an Environment Health & Building Regulations Officer.
This position has responsibility for environmental health and building relations functions on behalf of Council to ensure that its natural and built environment is valued and protected.
Key responsibilities include:
- The efficient assessment of Development Applications
- The monitoring of compliance with relevant laws, regulations and Council policies while undertaking necessary education/enforcement procedures where breaches are evident.
- Advising the public (via customer enquires), management and Council on a comprehensive range of building matters.
- Contributing to the preparation of Development Control Plans and other policy documents.
- Conducting plumbing and drainage inspections in accordance with the NCC (BCA) and the NSW Plumbing & Drainage Act and prepare drainage diagrams.
Key skills/experience required:
- Tertiary qualifications (at a minimum of Associate Diploma level) in Building Surveying, or Environmental Health and Building or an equivalent discipline.
- Extensive experience in building surveying in accordance with the National Construction Code.
- Experience in development assessment in accordance with the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
This is a great opportunity for a building inspection professional to provide high standards of service to the Bellingen community.
About the Bellingen Shire:
The Bellingen Shire has three distinct geographical areas - ocean, river, and mountains incorporating the communities of Mylestom, Repton, and Urunga on the coast, Bellingen nestled in the river valley, and Dorrigo on the plateau. Each is a vibrant and rich community with its own characteristics.
Bellingen Shire Council has an ongoing focus on service excellence for its community. This is a great opportunity to be part of the changing face of Council while enjoying work-life balance and career development in a beautiful location!
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Leading Roles' Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
Watch this video to see why we love living in Bellingen! https://vimeo.com/192206291
Applications close at 5pm, Monday 4 March 2019.