Gladstone Regional Council is expanding their capability in engineering asset solutions with this role being key to their long-term success. Being a part of this team will provide excellent opportunities for career development for a suitably qualified mechanical engineer.
You will have mechanical engineering experience relevant to a local government environment. Willing to take ownership of your work activities while working across a wide range of projects within an asset management function you will be solutions focused.
- Investigation of existing assets and assist planning, procurement and monitoring
- Prepare cost estimates to inform resource plans and budgets for the Operations Business Unit
- Provide mechanical engineering advice to the Strategic Asset Performance and Operations leadership team
- Research and develop mechanical engineering solution options to optimise asset solutions
- Prepare easy to read reports for technical and non-technical audiences
- Ensure multi-criteria decision-making processes are followed for asset solutions
- Contribute to the mechanical engineering aspects of management plans, procedures, standards, guidelines and policies
- Provide consultative advice both internally and externally with regards to mechanical engineering practices, polices and legislation
- Prepare, document and communicate safety in design assessments for all designs to reduce construction, operation and maintenance, disposal and utilisation impact
Required experience and required qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (mechanical)
- Eligible for membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia.
- 2 - 5 years post graduate experience in a similar role
- Certified associate in Asset Management - desirable
- Incident Casual Analysis methods (ICAM) - desirable
- Registered Professional Engineers of QLD (RPEQ) certification - desirable
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. The Council delivers essential services to the community and promotes sustainable growth of the region, with a strong focus on creating a safe, inclusive and efficient workforce and providing opportunity for personal growth and career development for its 650-plus employees.
Enthusiastic, forward-thinking achievers whose talents and expertise will help direct Council and the Region's community into a new and exciting future should apply.
The Council offers its employees great incentives including salary packaging options, learning and development programs and health and wellbeing services.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. You will be required to complete a Criminal History Check if you are successful with your application.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 23rd July 2018.