An exciting career opportunity is available with Lockyer Valley Regional Council for an Electrical Maintenance Lead to join the Buildings and Facilities team. This is a newly created role that will be responsible for developing and implementing the electrical infrastructure maintenance programs for Lockyer Valley Regional Council's buildings and facilities. Additionally, you will be a key member of the Buildings and Facilities team, providing broad electrical expertise and services.
Lockyer Valley Regional Council is a proactive organisation that is progressively developing its services to become a leading Local Government entity that values its staff, their development and in turn the services they provide to the local community.
This role is being offered as a Maximum Term 3-year contract.
Key duties and responsibilities will include;
- The development, implementation and execution of the electrical infrastructure Preventative Maintenance (PM) program for the LV network, HVAC plant and equipment, critical electrical equipment, commercial equipment and appliances and allied fire detection equipment.
- Working collaboratively with the Building and Facilities team to lead the electrical safety function by coordinating the planned electrical maintenance program simultaneously and seamlessly with corrective works, electrical upgrades and breakdown work.
- Undertake electrical assessments for task allocation and where an external Contractor is engaged, manage the work function and assurance activities to ensure all electrical work is completed within specified timeframes and in-accordance with AS4000.
- Be accountable as the single point of contact for assessing and managing electrical work requests (internally and externally) to manage electrical risk and injury prevention.
Essential knowledge and experience include;
- Previous experience (5 Years minimum) in developing and implementing electrical maintenance programs within the public or private sector
- Maintenance planning and scheduling
- Experience in electrical upgrade programs
- Ability to work with the wider buildings and facilities team in managing workloads, contracts and projects
- Demonstrated capability to be a "hands on" electrical tradesman with a view to minimising costs and implementing safe work practices
- High level communications skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Current electrical contractors license
- Current LVR / CPR qualifications
- Qld Manual Driver's License
- White Card (Construction Industry Safety Card)
- Have attained or ability to attain working at Heights / Confined Space qualifications
This position is located in the Lockyer Valley Region, in Queensland's South East corner with close proximity to Brisbane, the Sunshine and Gold Coasts and the Darling Downs Region.
The Lockyer Valley Regional Council serves a community of 39,000 and located in the agricultural heart of South East Queensland - Council employs approximately 350 staff and an annual budget of $56M.
Council is seeking applications from candidates who are looking to develop their career. They are offering a competitive salary (including 12% super) and are willing to invest in an individual's continued career progression.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
Applications will close on Monday 24th September 2018 at 5pm.