The Hinchinbrook Shire Council is committed to shaping a positive and prosperous future for the Hinchinbrook community by caring for and valuing it's unique natural environment and by delivering meaningful services.
Under the direction of the Manager Economic and Community Development, this exciting position has been created to support and grow the prosperity of the region by encouraging and identifying economic development opportunities, with a focus on tourism.
This is a Full Time Fixed Term position for 3-5 years.
- Tourism Management - Manage the Hinchinbrook Way branding and tourism
- Encourage diversification of industry in the region; including agricultural opportunities
- Identify opportunities for existing businesses to grow, develop and work together
Qualifications and experience
- Five years' experience working in local or regional economic development roles.
- Tertiary qualifications in business, tourism, marketing, planning or management, desirable.
- Super 9% first year with increase to 12.5% following; employee contribution of 6%
- Vehicle Value: Access to pool vehicle
- Learning and development programs
- Flexible work policies
Council employs approximately 215 FTE staff and has an annual budget for 2017/2018 of around $28.6M, including capital expenditure of around $8M.
The Hinchinbrook Shire Council, based at Ingham, services a community of around 11,000 and is just over an hour north of Townsville in Queensland's tropical north. The major industries in the area include sugar production and tourism, with visitors enjoying the area's stunning rainforest, coastal and coral reef environments.
Council is an equal opportunity employer with a highly skilled workforce that delivers a range of services and programs for the community.
The Council is offering an excellent executive remuneration package, reflecting the significance of this role to the organisation and the future of the Hinchinbrook community.
To apply please visit our website: www.leadingroles.com.au/jobs-search for an information kit or contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
The application period will close at 5pm on 3rd September 2018.