Early Childhood Teacher I Lockyer Valley Regional Council I Gatton
- Design learning programs that make a difference
- Create a positive learning environment for children
- Build rapport with families and the local community
The Gatton Childcare Centre has an excellent reputation for providing children with a secure and nurturing environment in which to learn and develop to their full potential.
As the Early Childhood Teacher you will lead, plan, implement and evaluate the kindergarten program for Lockyer Valley Regional Council. Your passion to provide a nurturing environment and expertise to respond to the needs of children will support early childhood education and promote healthy growth and development.
Set within a tranquil and scenic parkland setting, the Gatton Childcare Centre has capacity for 59 children from nursery, toddlers, junior kindergarten and kindergarten.
Qualifications, experience and attributes
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or an approved Diploma qualification working towards a Bachelor of Education degree or equivalent as recognised by ACECQA
- Current Senior First Aid, Anaphylaxis, Asthma and CPR certificate, Blue Card and Drivers Licence (C Class)
- Sound knowledge of the childcare industry standards, frameworks, guidelines and regulations
- Experience of understanding, interpreting and responding to the needs of children in the centre's care
- Professional leader who maintains standards and works constructively with children, parents and colleagues
- Initiative to create new ideas and resolve problems.
If you have the qualifications, experience and knowledge to share with this supportive team and high-quality centre, this is an opportunity to add value and contribute to a growing community.
Lockyer Valley is South East Queensland's hidden gem, nestled at the foot of the Great Dividing Range and just over an hour's drive from Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Lockyer Valley offers an ideal work/life balance and active weekends with art galleries, cafes, wineries, markets and walking trails to explore. No matter what time of year, there's a social event to suit every family member - from motorsport events, swap meets and country race days to retro, heritage and chilli festivals.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 26 July 2021.