Disaster Management Coordinator - South East Queensland
- Coordinate activities that promote community resilience
- Influence and drive community response and recovery initiatives
- Increase awareness of emergency and disaster preparedness
Leading Roles is seeking an experienced Disaster Management Coordinator to lead community engagement and deliver educational/information campaigns for our local government client in South East Queensland.
As the Disaster Management Coordinator, you will liaise with staff, community members and service providers to build capacity and understanding of disaster and emergency management and drive initiatives that promote community resilience and reduce impact. A key focus is building relationships and providing advice, planning and guidance for disaster preparation, response and recovery in the region. The Disaster Management Coordinator will also manage the procurement process and contracted suppliers of disaster management equipment, including cameras and sensors.
This role is a 3-month contract/three days per week initially, with gradual increase to full time and possible contract extension.
- Maintain disaster management systems, policies and procedures
- Coordinate programs and activities to empower communities and drive awareness for disaster preparation, response and recovery
- Coordinate resources for response and recovery in the event of a major emergency
- Provide strategic advice on current and emerging issues that impact on disaster and business continuity management
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrated understanding of emergency management frameworks
- Proven track record in developing and implementing strategic and operational plans for disaster management
- Extensive practical experience in disaster management: prevention, preparation, response and recovery (PPRR)
- Prior experience in procurement and contract management
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including presentation skills
How to Apply
Click Apply Now as the application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.