Director Sustainable Development | Mount Isa City Council
- Lead an agenda of organisational excellence and champion sustainable development.
- Shape development and place-making initiatives in Mount Isa.
- Create transformational change in an evolving council.
The Director of Sustainable Development will lead Mount Isa City Council's sustainable development initiatives through the land use planning, health, waste, regulatory and environmental services functions.
Mount Isa City Council is embarking on a substantial change project with organisational performance and sustainability as the key goals. The change project will include a new CEO, executive leadership team and management structure, and improved systems.
Key skills, experience and attributes sought
- Developing strategic plans within the planning, environment and waste disciplines and aligning systems, processes and policies to achieve community goals.
- Engaging the community and stakeholders to ensure future direction and needs are clearly defined and translated into high quality environmental and sustainability outcomes.
- Understanding of Council Planning and Development Operations and policies.
- Sound knowledge of the legislative framework within which Council operates and the capacity to quickly identify and respond to those requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications in Town Planning, Environmental Science, Applied Science, Environmental Planning and Sustainability. Postgraduate qualifications in Business or Management will be highly regarded.
Covering an area of 43,314 square kilometres, Mount Isa City Council has an annual budget of $70M, a team of 250 staff and a community of 22,000 people.
Mount Isa City Council seeks to create a city shaped by its unique geographical location that aspires to a high quality of life and prosperous future supported by a growing mining and minerals processing sector, expanding tourist trade and sustainable rural, commercial and industrial business.
Mount Isa is a vibrant, multicultural region, which entices people from all corners of the globe to make this wonderful outback city their home. It's a family friendly city, rich with community pride and a land of opportunity for those seeking career, work/life balance and outback lifestyle.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications will close 5pm, Monday 14 December 2020.