Shire of Ashburton | Director Infrastructure Services
Guide strategic direction for major projects and infrastructure service delivery in the thriving Pilbara region of Western Australia.
The Shire of Ashburton is seeking an experienced Director Infrastructure Services to provide technical advice and leadership in the delivery of council's infrastructure in this booming region.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director Infrastructure Services will play a key role in the executive leadership team, guiding and implementing the strategic direction for the organisation.
Leading a multidisciplinary team of 70 staff, the Director brings a planned and structured approach to the management of the Shire's Infrastructure Directorate including engineering operations, road maintenance and renewal, asset management, project delivery, waste management, fleet management and parks and gardens.
- Provide strategic advice for infrastructure service delivery, to the CEO and Council.
- Provide leadership and effectively manage the Directorate to achieve Council's organisational goals and objectives in line with the Shire's Strategic Community Plan and Corporate Business Plan.
- Provide expert leadership to a broad range of high value projects in the region.
- Reinforce a positive workforce culture with a focus on high-performance, capacity building and customer service excellence.
- Manage and supervise the delivery of projects from scoping and technical specifications through to tendering and delivery in accordance with relevant standards.
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering discipline
- Advanced project management capability is essential
- Demonstrated experience with the delivery of major projects
- Politically astute with advanced stakeholder and community engagement skills
- Post-graduate qualifications in management highly regarded
- Previous experience in Local Government desirable
- Demonstrated skills in managing, motivating, directing and focussing he efforts of both technical and operational staff
- Must be able to work cooperatively and constructively as part of a high performing Executive Leadership Team
Council is offering an excellent remuneration package, including accommodation, private use motor vehicle, six weeks annual leave, with additional allowances and salary packaging options.
The Shire of Ashburton is a haven for history, nature and adventure seekers where you can explore historic ruins, conquer rocky mountains, hike the famous Karijini gorges and swim in freshwater rock pools. There is bountiful fish to be caught, astounding coral reefs to discover and breathtaking views - none more than the phenomenal Staircase to the Moon annual event in Onslow.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close: 5pm Monday 9 November 2020.