Banana Shire Council is seeking an experienced senior local government professional to provide leadership to Council's Infrastructure Services Directorate to deliver essential services to the Banana Shire community.
This is a full-time position for four years.
Key departmental responsibilities include;
- Operational management
- Technical and infrastructure Operations
- Financial and WH&S Management
- Disaster Management
This is a diverse portfolio of responsibilities, and Council is seeking candidates that have strong leadership, project and programme management skills and have a track record of achievement in a senior local government position.
Applicants must demonstrate;
- Previous experience working in local government in a similar level position.
- Strategic leadership capabilities and an inclusive, engaging management style.
- Experience leading a diverse, multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in developing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships, including with the community.
- Strong commitment to corporate governance frameworks, financial management, project management discipline, and workplace health and safety.
- Degree level qualifications in Engineering or other related discipline
- RPEQ registration, or ability to obtain
Banana Shire is offering a competitive remuneration package, reflecting their commitment to attracting the highest caliber of candidates.
The Banana Shire Council is based in the town of Biloela in Central Queensland and serves an engaged and well-serviced community that has a diverse rural, energy and resource sector economy with close connections to the nearby regional communities of Gladstone and Rockhampton.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Leading Roles' Mark Ogston on 0407 674 412 or Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
Applications will close at 5pm on Friday 1 February 2019.