Director of Infrastructure
Upper Lachlan Shire Council | Crookwell, NSW
- Live and work in New South Wales' scenic Southern Tablelands
- Lead a team that delivers a safe and well-managed road network services
- Excellent package including private use vehicle
The Upper Lachlan Shire Council's Director of Infrastructure Services is a key executive leadership role in the council organisation and contributes technical and operational leadership to the management of the council's 2500km road network infrastructure.
Agriculture and tourism are major economic drivers in the Shire, and a safe, well-managed road network underpins the performance, safety, and economy of the Upper Lachlan region and its communities.
- Executive leadership of the council's roads and drainage maintenance program
- Lead a team of over 80 operational staff with a strong focus on safety, capability development, and team performance.
- Development of highly productive internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Contribution as a leader to the strategic and operational management of the council organisation.
Qualifications, experience and personal attributes:
- Significant experience as a leader of roads infrastructure construction and maintenance programmes.
- Communication skills that allow you to lead, influence and inspire.
- Experience managing key contracts such as the Road Maintenance Council Contract with Transport for NSW and Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Civil Engineering.
Council is offering an excellent remuneration package, private use vehicle and relocation assistance.
The Upper Lachlan Shire is located in New South Wales' Southern Tablelands, one of the State's most scenic and attractive country lifestyle locations and close to Sydney, Canberra and the New South Wales South Coast. For families, there are great schools in the Shire's centre of Crookwell and in neighbouring communities and well-established sporting culture in the region.
How to apply
Please download the candidate information pack to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 13 June 2022.