Charters Towers Regional Council | Director Infrastructure Services
Charters Towers Regional Council is seeking a highly experienced Director Infrastructure Services to lead, shape and maximise infrastructure services in the region.
The Director will bring a strategic mindset and an energised approach to the Council's Infrastructure Services, providing expert advice and direction in the disciplines of Facilities, Operations, Fleet Services, Water and Wastewater.
Reporting to the CEO and with responsibility for 140 multi-disciplinary staff, the Director plays a key role in the Executive Leadership Team. The Council is progressing through an exciting values and culture change program, and the new Director will have a leading role in setting, modelling and embedding the organisation's values and behaviours.
Change is on the agenda and this role offers an outstanding opportunity to bring about lasting change through people first leadership, operational excellence and customer engagement, while meeting Council's compliance obligations and community needs.
Key Responsibilities and Opportunities:
- Provide strategic and integrated advice and direction to Council in the areas of Facilities, Operations, Fleet Services, Water and Wastewater.
- As a key member of the Executive Leadership Team this role plays an important role in organisational leadership and developing a productive relationship with elected members and the community.
- Deliver a high quality of customer service including effective stakeholder engagement and community consultation.
- Reinforce a positive workforce culture with a focus on values, performance and capacity building.
- Previous experience in Local Government desirable.
- Politically astute with strong stakeholder and community engagement skills.
- Strong and influential communication skills with strong personal values that align to the values of Council.
- Experience fostering and driving a culture of customer service and high performance.
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering discipline.
- RPEQ (Civil/Environmental) Registration - or ability to obtain.
Professional experience, a strong technical skillset and relevant tertiary qualifications will be highly regarded, but outstanding communication skills, a consultative and collaborative approach, exceptional leadership capability and alignment to Council's values and culture is essential.
An attractive remuneration package is offered, with attractive additional allowances and salary packaging options available.
Charters Towers is an ideal location with its abundant natural assets and thriving mining, agriculture and tourism industries. With the incredible Lake Buchanan to the south, rugged White Mountains National Park to the west, Hidden Valley to the north east, and the mighty Burdekin River flowing through this vast region makes it ideal for inland fishing, hiking, kayaking and nature enthusiasts. From Charters Towers, it's only 90-minutes drive to the Townsville coastline or you can take the scenic Great Inland Way to Cairns.
In downtown Charters Towers there's plenty of cafes and pubs for social gatherings and for something more relaxed, there's a huge choice of shady parklands which are ideal for family picnics and enjoying the laidback casual ambience of Australia's most authentic country town.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close: 5.00pm Tuesday 6 October 2020.