Reporting to the Executive Director, Development Assessment Division you will assist the strategic leadership of the range of functions undertaken by the Division. As one of several Directors in the Development Assessment Division, you will be responsible for leading and managing several teams within the Division. Your challenge is to ensure that SARA maintains it reputation as the leading state assessment entity in the country.
You will also have a strategic role in ensuring that other state assessment functions, including Ministerial Infrastructure Designations and Ministerial Call ins, are undertaken in a manner consistent with acknowledged best assessment practice.
As part of this role you will:
- Provide high level leadership and direction on development assessment and legislative matters.
- Provide leadership and oversight for critical aspects of day to day operations of SARA, Ministerial Infrastructure Designation and Ministerial Call in functions.
- Provide strategic advice to customers, the Minister and Director-General on the State's position and legislative responsibilities under SARA and the Planning Act 2016.
- Work collaboratively with senior management and stakeholders to ensure project outcomes support the strategic direction of the division.
- Assist the Executive Director to formulate strategic policy direction, operational plans and budgets.
- Promote, contribute to and lead an innovative team environment and positive culture, where team members enjoy coming to work, are appropriately skilled and challenged, and understand the contributions their role plays in the success of business outcomes.
- Provide strategic leadership in liaising, negotiating, coordinating and influencing technical agencies and key industry stakeholders on planning matters, including representing the department in a range of forums and committees as required.
- Assist in the executive management of the Development Assessment Division, including strategic leadership to staff and fostering a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, initiative and leading practice.
Your opportunity will to be play a leadership role in continuing to grow the reputation of the Division as an exemplary state assessment entity. Reconciling complex assessment matters while maintaining relationships with key stakeholders is integral to the performance of this role.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
If you experience any technical difficulties or do not have internet access and are unable to submit your application by email, please email or contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
Late applications are subject to approval for consideration by the Selection Panel, so please allow enough time before the closing date to submit your application. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted. Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 25th March 2019.