Director Corporate Services | Whitsunday Regional Council | Proserpine Qld
A rare opportunity for a self-motivated and future-focused Director Corporate Services to lead the Corporate Services team at Whitsunday Regional Council.
As a high performing member of the executive leadership team, the Director Corporate Services will lead a large multi-disciplinary team across Innovation and Technology, Procurement, Property & Fleet, Operational Accounting, Rates and Assets and guide the delivery of Council's operational and corporate plan. Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
- Highly experienced Local Government professional with astute finance and governance skills.
- Influential and talented leader who will drive change and translate strategy into execution
- Manage multiple and complex projects while supporting the development and implementation of an Integrated Planning and Reporting framework.
- Innovative stakeholder engagement skills to build capacity and help people in your team develop the skills they need to deliver strategic outcomes for council and the community.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Local Government or similar discipline, or other qualifications relevant to the position.
Working and Living in the Region
Whitsundays is not only Australia's most dreamed-about tropical destination, it's a place where people love to work live, visit and play. The Whitsunday Regional Council has a vibrant community of 35,500, with major community centres in Bowen, Proserpine, Collinsville, Cannonvale and Airlie Beach. Council employs approximately 350 staff and has an annual budget of $102M.
Boasting a strong and diverse economy driven by agriculture, construction, mining and tourism, the Whitsunday region has the potential to become the economic powerhouse of North Queensland. Located 130km north of Mackay and 260km south of Townsville, it's easy to see why people are drawn to the idyllic lifestyle connected by a diverse array of stunning art galleries, museums, trendy cafes, restaurants, cinemas and modern sporting facilities.
The Whitsundays is home to pristine rainforests, spectacular national parks, secluded inlets and white sandy beaches. And if bush walking, hidden waterfalls and picnicking are not your thing, then head to the coast to spot humpback and pilot whales as they visit the Whitsundays every winter on their annual migration north.
There's no chance of going hungry with farm-to-fork fresh local produce and you can fish all year round in Lake Proserpine for barramundi! Don't forget to bring your crab pots - Lake Proserpine also has red claw and freshwater crayfish!
Whitsundays - your very own slice of paradise, all year round!
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 25 November 2019.