Charters Towers Regional Council | Director Corporate and Community Services
Charters Towers Regional Council is seeking the organisation's next Director Corporate and Community Services.
An experienced leader of people, the Director Corporate and Community Services will bring a progressive and energised approach to the strategic direction and operational leadership of the Council's Corporate and Community Services functions, providing expert advice and direction in the areas of Finance, Regional Development, Community Services, Governance and Communications.
Reporting to the CEO and with responsibility for 72 staff, the Director plays a key role in the Executive Leadership Team. The Council is progressing through an exciting values and culture change program, and the new Director will have a leading role in setting, modelling and embedding the organisation's values and behaviours.
The organisation has commenced a cultural change journey, and this is a timely opportunity to utilise your passionate and progressive leadership skills to make a real impact and influence lasting change in the organisation to better meet the needs of community.
Key Responsibilities and Opportunities:
- Provide strategic and integrated leadership of Finance, Regional Development, Community Services, Governance and Communications services
- Deliver high quality customer and community service initiatives based on community engagement-led needs analysis and strategic planning
- Lead business planning, develop, performance standards and KPIs to optimise the performance of Council
- Lead with a 'people first approach' and build a positive, inspired workforce culture and develop workforce capability
- Positively manage change and continuous improvement initiatives
- Establish strong connections with the community and business sectors
- Experience holding a similar role in Local Government desirable.
- Politically astute with strong stakeholder and community engagement skills.
- Experience fostering and driving a culture of customer service and high performance.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Finance or Accounting highly regarded.
Professional experience, a strong technical skillset and relevant tertiary qualifications will be highly regarded, but outstanding communication skills, a consultative and collaborative approach, exceptional leadership abilities and alignment to council's values and culture is essential.
An attractive remuneration package is offered, with attractive additional allowances and salary packaging options available.
Charters Towers is an ideal location with its abundant natural assets and thriving mining, agriculture and tourism industries. With the incredible Lake Buchanan to the south, rugged White Mountains National Park to the west, Hidden Valley to the north east, and the mighty Burdekin River flowing through this vast region makes it ideal for inland fishing, hiking, kayaking and nature enthusiasts. From Charters Towers, it's only 90-minutes' drive to the Townsville coastline or you can take the scenic Great Inland Way to Cairns.
In downtown Charters Towers there's plenty of cafes and pubs for social gatherings and for something more relaxed, there's a huge choice of shady parklands which are ideal for family picnics and enjoying the laidback casual ambience of Australia's most authentic country town.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close: 5.00pm Tuesday 6 October 2020.