Director Corporate and Community Services | Mount Isa City Council
- Lead an agenda of organisational excellence and champion community engagement
- Build organisational capability in financial and asset management.
- Transformational change projects in Mount Isa.
The Director of Corporate and Community Services will shape and deliver fit-for-purpose community and corporate strategy and position Mount Isa City Council as a successful, sustainable organisation.
Mount Isa City Council is embarking on a substantial change project with organisational performance and sustainability as the key goals. The change project will include a new CEO, executive leadership team and management structure, and improved systems.
Key skills, experience and attributes sought
- Leadership of a corporate services function and extensive community engagement-led strategic and corporate planning.
- Engagement with community and stakeholders to ensure future direction and needs are clearly defined and met, providing excellence in organisational outcomes and customer service.
- Strong financial management and strategic asset management in large organisations with a diverse service base is highly desirable.
- Sound and influential communication skills with personal values that align to the values of Council.
- Tertiary qualifications in finance, legal or related discipline and postgraduate qualifications in management or business.
Covering an area of 43,314 square kilometres, Mount Isa City Council has an annual budget of $70 million, a team of 250 staff and a community of 22,000 people.
Mount Isa City Council seeks to create a city shaped by its unique geographical location that aspires to a high quality of life and prosperous future supported by a growing mining and minerals processing sector, expanding tourist trade and sustainable rural, commercial and industrial business.
Mount Isa is a vibrant, multicultural region, which entices people from all corners of the globe to make this wonderful outback city their home. It's a family friendly city, rich with community pride and a land of opportunity for those seeking career, work/life balance and outback lifestyle.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications will close 5pm, Monday 14 December 2020.