Lockyer Valley Regional Council is seeking a civil engineering specialist to support the Coordinator of Development Assessment and Senior Development Engineers in the evaluation of development applications and the formulation of engineering policies as they relate to development.
As Development Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring all land development within the Council area conforms with Council's Planning Scheme, Design Standards, Policies, Local laws and Statutory requirements through the assessment of development applications and the inspection and monitoring of construction projects.
Your excellent communication skills will be essential to success in the role where you will liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including internal departments, state government authorities and community groups.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide specialist technical advice on civil engineering matters to officers involved in the assessment of development applications;
- Review responses from internal and external referral agencies in relation to development applications and correspond with internal and external referral agencies;
- Undertake technical assessment of operational works development applications for accuracy and compliance with relevant legislation, Council's planning scheme;
- Liaise with developers, developer's consultants and other stakeholders including other Council departments on engineering matters to ensure that development meets Council and community objectives; and
- Conduct site inspections for assessment of development applications and undertake inspections of development construction.
Essential knowledge and experience include;
- Ability to interpret engineering reports and drawings and assess constructed works for compliance with relevant approvals and Council standards with respect to developments.
- Ability to prepare reports and recommendations on subdivision, civil engineering and development related matters.
- Knowledge of Local Government processes and statutory requirements, including the Planning Act and the development process.
- Ability to apply basic engineering principles.
Qualifications required for this role:
- A tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering (or relevant discipline).
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council is seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
Council offers excellent working conditions, including 9-day fortnight and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements and supports and encourages our employees with training and professional development opportunities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan at Leading Roles on 0407 009 243
The application period will close at 5pm Monday 1st October 2018.