Development Engineer |
Tablelands Regional Council | Atherton, North Qld
- Assess development applications for operational works
- Oversee subdivision, infrastructure, and development construction
- Manage development applications for subdivisions and environmental projects
Tablelands Regional Council is seeking a proactive civil engineering professional to lead and manage the assessment of development applications for engineering and infrastructure planning projects. Reporting to the Manager Planning and Environment, the Development Engineer provides advice and support to Council's Planning Group, manages development applications, and promotes best practices and continuous improvements.
Opportunities and Challenges
- Oversee developer applications to ensure compliance with relevant planning, engineering standards, council policies, and statutory requirements.
- Maintain Council's Local Government Infrastructure Plan and Register
- Manage assessments for wind farms, solar farms, subdivisions, environmental projects, and a construction of a new regional hospital.
- Provide advice and support to the town planning team to deliver high-quality outcomes for infrastructure projects
- Undertake site meetings, inspections, audits and provide technical advice on development matters
- Build productive relationships across the organisation, industry stakeholders, developers, and community.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering and a general construction card (mandatory).
- High-level knowledge of engineering standards for planning, construction, operation, and maintenance of roads, water, sewer, waste, park, and drainage infrastructure.
- Knowledge of civil engineering legislative requirements for local government infrastructure.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience assessing infrastructure projects, influencing outcomes, and managing stakeholders.
This is an ideal opportunity to live and work in an iconic tropical region and develop your civil engineering career in a supportive work environment. Council is offering five weeks annual leave, up to 12% superannuation, salary sacrifice options, and professional development.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5 pm Monday 1 November 2021.