Design and Technical Coordinator | Hinchinbrook Shire Council
- Professionally rewarding work with a progressive council
- Team leadership of a small design team
- Live and work in a region that offers excellent work / life balance
The Design and Technical Coordinator plays a key role in the delivery of Hinchinbrook Shire Council's civil design program and asset management including the provision of detailed investigations, design, drafting, technical advice and cost estimating for Council's Infrastructure and Utility Services Group. The role is also responsible for ensuring Council's asset information is up to date including the coordination of condition assessments and forward works planning as required.
The Council is open to considering a wide range of skills and experience for this role, and this may appeal to a developing Civil Designer who is taking their next step into a leadership role, or an experienced professional who is seeking to lead a small team in a great working environment and lifestyle location.
Opportunities and Challenges
- Technically and professionally rewarding work in a variety of civil design and drafting works required for a growing region.
- Bring innovation and contribute to the development of new design systems and work practices for a modern civil design office.
- Leading a highly professional and developing civil design and asset management team.
- Live and work in a region that offers excellent work life balance.
- An opportunity to continue to grow your career and capabilities in a supportive team environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Minimum Associate Degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) with relevant design experience in municipal engineering.
- Experience and knowledge in the design of civil infrastructure including roads and drainage, water and wastewater reticulation and associated construction and maintenance techniques.
- Sound knowledge and experience of using civil design software packages. (EG 12d, Civil 3D, AutoCAD, GIS).
- Have a strong customer service focus with well-developed communication skills.
A great opportunity to make this role your own, develop your career and contribute to the community you live in. If you're ready for a rewarding career move - apply now!
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 4 April 2022.