Coordinator Waste Strategy and Planning | Moreton Bay Regional Council | Strathpine
Lead waste policy and planning for the Moreton Bay region in this high profile, high value waste management service.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Moreton Bay Regional Council operates a large-scale waste, recycling and landfill service for the community. This position will lead planning, strategy, analysis and reporting for waste management services across the region.
Challenges and Opportunities:
- Lead the strategy and policy of a well-funded and resourced local government waste service.
- Utilise high-level analytical skills to plan, forecast and identify practical and sustainable solutions to council's waste management challenges.
- Balance the needs and priorities of commercial, community and government stakeholders through active engagement.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Strong technical skills and ability to think laterally and pragmatically.
- Experience in managing technical and professional teams.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant area or waste management/business discipline appropriate to the position.
Working and Living in the Region
The Moreton Bay Region is located in Queensland's south-east corner with Strathpine less than 30 minutes' drive from Brisbane airport. The regional area spans more than 2,037 square kilometres, and is home to rural townships, urban centres, coastal villages and thriving business precincts. From island getaways and 4WD off-roading to scenic camping spots and fantastic fishing, Moreton Bay region has it all!
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
Applications close: 5.00pm on Monday 23 March 2020.