Coordinator Treatment Operations | Tablelands Regional Council | Atherton, North Qld
3 year fixed term, fulltime contract.
Lead the delivery of water and wastewater treatment operations in Queensland's beautiful Tablelands Region.
The Coordinator Treatment Operations leads a team and ensures that water and wastewater services are high quality, reliable and safe for the communities of the Tablelands Regional Council.
- Oversee and manage the treatment functions of Council water and wastewater services operations.
- Provide effective leadership and supervision to direct reports and teams including technical and practical advice, coaching, training and guidance.
- Provide professional advice and recommendations to Manager Water & Waste in the management of the performance and compliance of the water and wastewater operations.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to successfully resolve environmental and water quality compliance and service disruption issues.
- Lead response activities in declared emergency events and participate in after-hours emergency activities.
Experience, Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience, technical knowledge and ability to deliver tasks associated with water and wastewater treatment and related infrastructure.
- Tertiary Qualification in Environmental Engineering or 10 years-experience in a supervising operational role within an essential services/critical infrastructure industry (Water and Wastewater desirable)
- Team leadership skills and experience of motivating and developing staff, setting and achieving group objectives and meeting program targets on time and within budget
- Queensland Construction White Card, or National equivalent.
Located in Far North Queensland, about 100 kilometres west of Cairns International Airport, the Tablelands is an area of outstanding natural beauty that ranges from tropical rainforest to the Gulf Savannah. The region offers endless opportunities for outdoor adventure sports and leisure pursuits.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for full details of this role. Follow the instructions on how to apply.
For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 13 July 2020.