Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Transformational Planner to shape the prosperous Gympie region
Gympie Regional Council is seeking a Coordinator Planning Scheme Program to lead and deliver Council's Planning Scheme, supporting Council's vision of providing a liveable, prosperous and well-designed region that strengthens the local community.
This pivotal role reports to the Manager - Planning Strategy and Major Projects and will play a significant part in boosting the local economy while supporting responsible environmental management.
This role presents a unique opportunity to influence and drive:
- Whole-of-council area planning
- Community transformation
- Town centre revitalisation
- Street scape development
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Qualifications (Post Graduate Degree or Degree) in Planning
- Demonstrated experience leading the preparation of Planning Scheme review and associated amendments, strategic planning policy, and providing expert technical advice on the local government planning framework.
- Extensive knowledge of statutory requirements, best practice and community engagement
- Demonstrated ability to manage significant strategic planning projects with multiple stakeholders and deliver on time and within budget.
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability to negotiate outcomes, collaborate and work constructively with internal and external stakeholders
About the Council
Gympie Regional Council has an enormous focus on economic growth within its region. The Council's strategic objectives and vision are to deliver world class services to the region and make Gympie a location of choice for people to live, work and invest.
This diverse and rewarding role will provide many challenges as well as the opportunity to shape and develop the growth of the beautiful Gympie Region.
For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447 or Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243.
Apply with covering letter addressing the Position section of this information pack.
The closing date for applications is Monday 5pm, 27 May.