Coordinator Parks Planning | Mackay Regional Council
- Lead strategic planning of parks and related assets
- Contribute to strategic and operational processes
- Enjoy an idyllic lifestyle on the Central Queensland Coast
Mackay Regional Council is seeking a motivated and experienced Coordinator Parks Planning to lead long term strategic planning of its parks and related assets.
Reporting to the Manager Parks and Environment, the Coordinator Parks Planning is a valued member of the leadership team. With a strategic and integrated approach to parks planning, you will provide technical advice and lead and manage multidisciplinary teams.
Key Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Substantial experience in the long-term strategic planning of parks related assets including meeting legislative and regulatory responsibilities and Australian Standards.
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
- Qualifications in a related field such as Parks Planning, Town Planning, Urban Design, Environmental Planning, Facilities Management, Architecture, Landscape Architecture.
- Eligible for membership to the Planning Institute of Australia or equivalent professional body.
- General Construction Induction Training.
- 'C' Class Driver's License.
Located on the Central Queensland coast, Mackay has a vibrant economy and idyllic lifestyle. It's also a fast-emerging tourism hotspot renowned for its spectacular beaches, national parks, conservation areas and Australia's longest stretch of sub-tropical rainforest.
Please download the candidate information pack to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close at 5pm Monday 1 November 2021.