Coordinator Parks Maintenance | Mackay Regional Council
- Coordinate the delivery of parks maintenance of community parks
- Contribute to a positive and engaged workforce culture
- Enjoy an idyllic lifestyle on the Central Queensland Coast
Mackay Regional Council has a strong focus on liveability for its residents and has been investing heavily in its parks and recreational assets.
Council is seeking an experienced Coordinator Parks Maintenance to deliver parks maintenance activities for council's grass, garden beds, trees and camping grounds assets.
Reporting to the Manager Parks and Environment and forming part of the leadership team, the Coordinator Parks Maintenance will provide technical advice and deliver maintenance activities related to horticulture, turf maintenance and the natural environment.
Key Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Experience in leading and managing parks maintenance teams.
- Practical experience in the planning, scheduling, and delivery of scheduled maintenance activities.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
- General Construction Induction Training.
- Qualifications in a Parks related field such as Horticulture, Arboriculture, Turf Management, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management.
- 'C' Class Driver's License.
Located on the Central Queensland coast, Mackay has a vibrant economy and idyllic lifestyle. It's also a fast-emerging tourism hotspot renowned for its spectacular beaches, national parks, conservation areas and Australia's longest stretch of sub-tropical rainforest.
Please download the candidate information pack to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close at 5pm Monday 1 November 2021.