Coordinator Parks and Gardens
Tablelands Regional Council | Atherton, North Qld
- Supervise capital and maintenance works for open spaces, parks and gardens
- Develop the Parks and Gardens Maintenance Management Plan
- Provide technical advice and mentoring to parks and garden staff
The Tablelands Regional Council is seeking an experienced Coordinator Parks and Gardens to build, manage and maintain an open space precinct in a world-heritage region. Reporting to the Manager Strategic Assets, the Coordinator Parks and Gardens promotes a safe work environment, leads a team of outdoor workers and delivers a maintenance program for recreation and open space assets.
Opportunities and Challenges:
- Lead the development and maintenance of council's playgrounds, bikeways, parks, gardens and cemeteries assets.
- Provide leadership and promote best practice for delivery teams working in open space precincts.
- Build productive and collaborative relationships across the organisation and community.
- Meet the requirements of Council's Corporate Plan, Budget and Operational Plan.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- General Construction Induction Card (mandatory).
- Diploma in Horticulture or Parks Facilities Inspections, highly regarded.
- Extensive experience in the construction and maintenance of open space infrastructure such as playgrounds, footpaths and bikeways.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a proven ability to motivate and develop staff.
- Strong stakeholder engagement capability and commitment to customer service excellence.
- Negotiation, problem solving and communication skills.
- Demonstrated project and contract management skills to deliver programs on time and within budget.
Council is offering a generous remuneration package, including five weeks annual leave, up to 12% superannuation, salary sacrifice options and professional development. This is an ideal opportunity to lead and mentor a small team and progress your management career.
The Tablelands is renowned for its stunning landscapes and diversity, from world heritage rainforests and outback savannahs to rare tree-kangaroos, shy platypus and dancing brolgas. With its mountains, wide open spaces, and a refreshing tropical climate the Tablelands is ideal all year round for bushwalking, cycling, water-skiing, sailing, fishing and horse riding.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 25 October 2021.