Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Gympie Regional Council is seeking an innovative Coordinator Major Strategic Projects to drive and manage a suite of exciting revitalisation projects in the Gympie Region.
This fast-paced role reports to the Manager - Planning Strategy and Major Projects and will play a significant role in shaping the future of Gympie's town centres.
Examples of major strategic projects include:
- The Upper Mary Street Revitalisation project
- Our Towns regional projects - set to revitalise the urban streetscape of Gympie's beautiful coastal region, and
- The competition-grade Youth Precinct and Recreational Hub (skate park) for young people
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Exceptional knowledge of project management principals
- Have an eye for urban design and landscape architecture
- Be skilled at community and stakeholder engagement
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) qualifications in engineering, project management, urban planning, urban design or similar built environment related discipline.
- Thorough working knowledge of relevant legislation (including the Local Government Act), standards (including Australian Standards) and specifications.
- Demonstrated skills in budget preparation and monitoring expenditure.
About the Council
Gympie Regional Council has an enormous focus on economic growth within its region. The Council's strategic objectives and vision are to deliver world class services to the region and make Gympie a location of choice for people to live, work and invest.
The Council offer opportunities for professional satisfaction, growth and development.
For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447 or Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243.
Apply with covering letter addressing the Position section of this information pack.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 5pm, 2 June 2019.