Coordinator Development Planning and Engineering | Mackay Regional Council | Mackay, Qld
- Lead and mentor a team of development planning and engineering specialists.
- Provide leadership, guidance and technical advice on all development matters.
- Lead initiatives for team development, customer service and continuous improvement.
The Mackay Regional Council's Coordinator Development Planning and Engineering leads a team of development professionals that deliver the Council's town planning assessment and development engineering services.
The Council is seeking a Coordinator who is excited about the opportunities of living and working in this fast-growing region and committed to facilitating outstanding development outcomes for the communities of the Mackay Region.
The Coordinator manages a team of planners, development engineers and construction inspectors, and the role offers a balance of technical challenges and operational leadership opportunities.
Key features of this role include:
- Build the profile, reputation and professional standing of the Development Planning and Engineering Program.
- Lead Council's development assessment functions, serving a very diverse development community in a high-growth region.
- Establish continuous improvement within the Development Planning and Engineering Program, focusing on customer service, high-quality advice and excellent development outcomes.
- Become a recognised expert and development leader in the Mackay region through internal and external stakeholder engagement and relationship development.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Degree-level qualifications in Planning, Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Highly developed skills assessing and overseeing complex development proposals.
- Team leadership experience, highly developed communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Manage time effectively, adapt to changing priorities and schedule resources.
- Lead, model and embed positive, engaged and continuously improving customer service behaviours in the team.
Located on the Central Queensland coast, Mackay has a vibrant economy, idyllic lifestyle and excellent health, educational and recreational facilities. As one of the most accessible regional destinations by air, road or rail, Mackay is renowned for its spectacular beaches, national parks and conservation areas and Australia's longest stretch of sub-tropical rainforest.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information pack to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 7 February 2022.