Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
The Coordinator Development Assessment position is being offered as a 3-year fixed term contract and will be responsible for providing leadership and management of Council's Development Assessment Team (including Development Engineering) to ensure development in the region is consistent with Council's Planning Scheme, Design Standards, Policies, Local Laws and other statutory requirements.
This is an ideal time to join the team at Lockyer Valley Regional Council and bring your leadership, innovation and new ideas. The Lockyer Valley region is experiencing significant growth and council is committed to providing services to the community and industry for a sustainable future.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be keen to learn, develop and progress your career.
- Be an advocate for innovation and have a commitment to providing proactive development assessment services.
- Be a confident communicator in both written and verbal formats.
- Have the ability to manage the complexity of Development Application caseloads.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and motivate direct reports and the broader Planning & Development team to achieve goals, vision and objectives of Council.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Urban and Regional Planning (or relevant discipline);
- Extensive experience (10+ years) in coordinating a high functioning team within a local government environment or similar environment;
- Demonstrated Post graduate qualifications in planning or a relevant discipline (including project management) will be highly regarded;
- Proven strategic leadership and management of a Development Assessment team and the delivery of innovative solutions and continuous improvement initiatives;
- A comprehensive knowledge of local government processes and statutory requirements, including the Planning Act and the development process; and
- C Class open driver's License.
Council is offering a competitive salary package while working with a management team that values its employees and provides excellent opportunities for personal growth.
Closing date for Applications is Monday 12 August 2019 at 5pm.
Apply with covering letter addressing the Position section of this information pack.