Coordinator Community Development
Tablelands Regional Council | Atherton, North Qld
- Plan initiatives to promote social and community well-being
- Liaise with community stakeholders and peak bodies to secure grant funding
- Build community capacity, collaboration and resilience
Advocate and coordinate inclusive and meaningful community development programs
The Tablelands Regional Council is seeking an engaging and motivated Coordinator Community Development to build collaborative partnerships and facilitate a range of programs to enhance social and community well-being. As the Coordinator Community Development, you will also contribute to the Local Disaster Management Community Subgroup to build community capacity and resilience.
- Engage and collaborate with the community to identify issues in the community
- Provide an evidenced based approach to resolving complex community issues
- Research and benchmark best practice in community development to identify areas for improvement
- Build community rapport and promote sustainable services and programs
- Evaluate and prepare plans, policies, and programs.
- Identify evidence-based funding to support programs and initiatives
- Lead and develop your team to deliver positive collaborative community outcomes.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in social science, community engagement, policy writing and/or human and social services
- Building and maintaining strategic partnerships to deliver meaningful outcomes to the community
- Facilitating complex and sensitive community issues to ensure successful delivery of community initiatives with positive outcomes
- Project management in securing grant funding, project evaluation and reporting
- Designing community development business plans that align with corporate goals and objectives.
The Tablelands is renowned for its stunning landscapes and diversity, from world heritage rainforests and outback savannahs to rare tree-kangaroos, shy platypus and dancing brolgas. With its wide-open spaces and refreshing tropical climate, the Tablelands is ideal all year round for bushwalking, cycling, water-skiing, sailing, fishing and horse riding.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 2 August 2021.